STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Kenneth S. Levine is a founding partner of the Atlanta Law Firm Levine & Eskandari, LLC. Kenneth focuses his practice on U.S. immigration and nationality law and international immigration matters. In April 2017 Kenneth was recruited to establish a corporate immigration department for the national labor/employment law firm of Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP and for 2 ½ years thrived in this role. In September 2019 Kenneth and Layli chose to reopen Levine & Eskandari, LLC to once again provide the type of personalized “face to face” service that is their hallmark.
Kenneth provides legal representation in obtaining business and professional visas, work visas under the extraordinary ability category, student visas, labor certifications, national interest waivers, EB1 immigrant petitions, immigrant visas, consular representation, naturalization, derivative citizenship and naturalization disability waivers. Kenneth provides strategies to corporations to mitigate immigration risks, including I-9 audits and e-verify compliance. Kenneth also provides the full spectrum of representation in family based immigration, including marriage based green cards, family sponsorship, waivers of inadmissibility and representation at CIS interviews. Kenneth represents clients before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Kenneth litigates work visa, permanent residency and naturalization issues in the Federal Court System, including lawsuits for Declaratory Judgment, Writ of Mandamus and Petitions for Review. Kenneth has also appeared in U.S. Immigration Court in several states and has engaged in litigation of deportation matters in administrative proceedings before the Executive Office of Immigration Review and Board of Immigration Appeals.
Kenneth is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and has delivered numerous speeches on immigration issues to cultural organizations and civic groups located around the southeast U.S. Kenneth has made guest spots on a local Brazilian radio call in program, and has been interviewed on immigration issues for articles appearing in the AJC, Gwinnett Daily Post, and in other regional newspapers and magazines in the Indian, Korean and Brazilian communities.
Kenneth has served on a wide range of committees for the Atlanta Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), including the USCIS Atlanta District Office Liaison Committee, Citizenship Day Committee, Customs and Border Protection Committee, and Other Governmental Services Committee. Kenneth has also been selected multiple times to appear as a panel member for Immigration CLE (continuing legal education) seminars conducted under the auspices of the State Bar of Georgia.
Kenneth obtained his license to practice law in September 2002. He is admitted to the State Bar of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia.
- Litigation Strategies for Business Cases, Speaker, 2019 GA ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
- Alphabet of Work Visa, Speaker, 2019 New England CPA Association
- EB1 Petitions, Speaker, 2018 AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter Annual Conference
- O & P Visas, Speaker, 2018 GA ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
- E-2 Treaty Investor Visas, Speaker, 2017 AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter Annual Conference
- H-1B & TN Work Visas, Speaker, 2015 GA ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
- Ethical Considerations Relating to Dual Representation of an Employer and Employee, 2014 GA ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
- Adam Walsh topics in Family Based Immigration, Speaker, 2014 AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter Annual Conference
- Advanced Topics in Family Based Immigration, Speaker, 2013 AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter Annual Conference
- Drivers Licenses for Foreign Nationals in GA, Speaker, GA DDS ICLE Seminar, 2011
- H-1B Visas for Foreign Workers, Speaker, 2007 GA ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
- Labor Certification (PERM), Speaker, 2006 GA ICLE Business/Family Immigration Law Seminar
- Immigration Law Topics, Brazilian Radio – Atlanta, 2006
- Business Immigration Law – H-1B visas, Speaker, 2005 ICLE Business Immigration Law Seminar
Kenneth received a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology from Florida State University and a J.D. degree from John Marshall Law School-Atlanta.
Kenneth is a proud native Atlantan and currently resides in Smyrna with his wife and twin daughters. Kenneth is also an avid exercise enthusiast and as of December 2019 has completed 14 marathons and 8 half marathons. Kenneth’s proudest marathon achievement is having run a sub 4 hour marathon (Marine Corp Marathon in Washington, DC) where he crossed the finish line at the 3 hour 51 minute mark.
WE LOVE CHESS
Are you a nationally or internationally prominent chess player or a chess instruction academy seeking to hire a foreign chess coach?
Read more to find out how we can help.
What We Do
We are skilled family and business immigration lawyers.
Family Immigration Lawyers
There are several common paths to immigration and many other not so common ones, which have multiple steps. Every situation is unique and the path we take is dependent largely on whether the individual is here in the United States or living abroad.
Business Immigration Lawyers
We can help employers secure visas for their overseas talent. We also have services focused on foreign investors who wish to immigrate to the United States by investing in an existing business or establishing a new business.
WE CAN HELP
We'd love to speak with you about your situation. Every case is different and needs personalized attention from experienced immigration laywers. Your new team is waiting to hear from you.